The art of living soulfully
TRANSFORMATIVE ART MAKING IS:
• an art of healing
• a meditative practice
• a way to communicate non- and pre-verbal inner content
• a vehicle for opening and clarifying tight matters stuck in the heart
• a 'drawing out' of the spirit. The spirit of regeneration
• a way of knowing
• a way of going with the flow of life. Using the senses to en-soul and enrich life
• a way of inviting the primitive, the magic, the mythic, the archaic and
mysterious workings of consciousness to become visible and felt
• a way to keep moving, evolving, expressing, wholing, individuating
• a way to communicate with the numinous. Seeking God's Face
• "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
• "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. I see art as an act of soul, not of the intellect."
Leonardo da Vinci
• "The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart" (George Sand). "The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."
• "Art is the act of triggering deep memories of what it means to be fully human."
• "Art is a wound turned into light."